- What does fronting mean in a relationship?
- What does Fiending mean?
- What does it mean when someone says stop fronting?
- What are military orders called?
- What does Can you front me mean?
- What is front in military?
- What does bring to front mean?
- What does it mean to front drugs?
- What is the definition of a cold front?
- What is a military march called?
- What is it called when the military takes over?
- What does it mean to front someone?
- What does it mean to front money?
What does fronting mean in a relationship?
(phonology) A phonological relationship where a front vowel is found in place of a relative back vowel in an inflected form of a word..
What does Fiending mean?
verb (used without object) Also feen [feen] . Slang. to desire greatly: just another junkie fiending after his next hit; As soon as I finish a cigarette I’m fiending to light another.
What does it mean when someone says stop fronting?
frontin’ knowing that you’re wrong, but won’t admit it because you’re too proud.
What are military orders called?
Temporary Duty orders are known as TDY orders in the Air Force and the United States Army. The Army has other categories similar to TDY orders.
What does Can you front me mean?
verb. to give someone something of value, expecting that they will compensate you later, as they can’t right now. I’ll front you the money if you’ll buy me those tickets. Could you front me the drugs and I’ll pay you back later?
What is front in military?
A military front or battlefront is a contested armed frontier between opposing forces. It can be a local or tactical front, or it can range to a theater. … The term “home front” has been used to denote conditions in the civilian sector of a country at war, including those involved in the production of matériel.
What does bring to front mean?
bring (something) to the fore To emphasize something or make it more noticeable. Be sure to bring this argument to the fore when you rewrite your paper. Discrepancies in the yearly budget report brought questions of corruption to the fore. See also: bring, fore.
What does it mean to front drugs?
FRONT – money in advance to pay for drugs. FRONT MONEY – money in advance to pay for drugs. FRY – marijuana cigarettes dipped in embalming fluid, sometimes also laced with PCP.
What is the definition of a cold front?
A cold front is the leading edge of a cooler mass of air, replacing at ground level a warmer mass of air, which lies within a fairly sharp surface trough of low pressure. … Cold fronts are stronger in the fall and spring transition seasons and weakest during the summer.
What is a military march called?
A military parade is a formation of soldiers whose movement is restricted by close-order manoeuvering known as drilling or marching. The military parade is now almost entirely ceremonial, though soldiers from time immemorial up until the late 19th century fought in formation.
What is it called when the military takes over?
Martial law is the imposition of direct military control of normal civil functions or suspension of civil law by a government, especially in response to a temporary emergency where civil forces are overwhelmed, or in an occupied territory.
What does it mean to front someone?
1. To appear to operate with a legitimate purpose in order to conceal the operation of something or someone: The grocery store was actually fronting for a group of smugglers. 2. To serve as a cover for or representative of someone or something: Leave the negotiations up to me—I’ll front for you. See also: front.
What does it mean to front money?
Definition of front money. : money that is paid in advance for a promised service or product.